He's ready to spread some Atomik-Energy to the Ninjala Community
Meet Atomikbuster, another newly joined Ninjala Ambassador! Atomik is a Ninjala-focused content creator and competitive player who has been playing since the second open beta. Check out all the great tips he has for playing Ninjala and advice on how to start content creation, all based on his personal experiences!
How did you start your career as a content creator and what kind of content do you create?
How did I start? After hearing about Ninjala and watching clips on YouTube and other gaming sites, I really liked it a lot. During the second beta, I spent like two hours in training practicing how to fight, dodge, etc. It was the first time I played the game–needless to say I had fun with it. I had some savings and bought a capture card because I wanted to become a content creator for this game, and little by little I started. In the span of two years, I managed to upload better content and get more viewers.
As for what kind of content I make? I upload mostly Ranked Matches, Tournament Cups, collaboration matches, item showcases, etc. A little bit of everything. I actually have showcases of all items in the game from Season 1 through 8: all outfits, accessories, weapons, Gum Bottles, etc. I'd like to make guides on how to play, weapon guides, tips, and streams in the future.
What is your favorite GungHo game?
Ninjala is my favorite because it's really fun. I've met great people from all over the world by playing it. It's amazing how many great people I've met just by playing this game.
I learned about this game for the first time when the first beta had ended. I saw clips on YouTube and other gaming forum sites from people that played, and it looked really interesting and fun. Then I heard about a second beta later on and played it, and the rest is history.
Do you have any tips for someone who just started playing Ninjala?
Starting tips? That's a bit difficult because there are so many weapons, new Skills, and Cards. That's why I'd like to make guides. But if I can give advice...
- Don't try to fight right at the beginning of the match, focus on getting a Big Weapon first by getting four Drones.
- Always use the Shinobi Card, "Last Spurt," as it'll give you infinite S-Energy, which will make you have a Big Weapon by default in case you struggle to get Drones.
- Equip the first Assist Code on “Last Spurt” and level it up to max so it can activate earlier than usual.
- If you're having trouble fighting, the Shinobi Card "Utsusemi Master" lets you summon a little bomb that deals Gum Damage. You can use it to give yourself an advantage when you fight or are being chased. I recommend maxing out and equipping the first two Assist Codes on the "Utsusemi Master."
- Fight smart, train with your favorite weapon, try counting how many hits it takes you to break a Drone, practice combos, and get familiar with the movement.
- Don't take parries! If you're just starting, it's better to escape them. You can escape by holding the “L” button and choosing a direction to escape… Never escape forward because you'll get hit most of the time.
- Make sure to check the tutorial before you start playing. You can get a lot of rewards, Gacha Coins, and two new outfits. You can trade the Gacha Coins at the Gumball Machines to get new outfits as well.
- If you're losing a lot of fights, it might be a good idea to get Drones instead of fighting.
- Don't let the anger get to you, we all lose. Remember it's just a game, have fun, and if you feel the heat, it might be good to stop playing for the day.
How did you become a GungHo America Ambassador and what do you like most about it?
How did I become one? Well, for starters I filled out an application, but I also got a little help. I wanted to apply before but wanted to wait until I had more subscribers on my channel. Then I got a message from another Ambassador, Gohart. He saw my channel and said that I should apply. It took some time but I'm finally here.
What do I like the most about it? I love the Gumchi icon if that's what you mean! But I'm also glad that I can be an "influencer" of the game, and hope I can give the brand a good image.
Do you have any goals as a creator/GungHo America Ambassador?
I'd like it if my channel could grow more, not gonna lie. I'd like for Ninjala to be more popular, and I plan to keep dedicating myself to it since it's what my entire channel is all about. I'd also like it if I could help the game become more popular and keep the community growing.
I'd like to promote this game and give it a good image. Especially now that I'm an Ambassador, I'd love it if more people could play it because of me, if I could help that happen.
What are your motivations for content creation?
I mostly do it as a hobby, but I do enjoy watching my own gameplay as I have great matches all the time. It's also really cool to see other people commenting and enjoying my content. Both the people that watch me and my own enjoyment I get from creating content are what motivates me.
Any advice for someone who wants to become a content creator?
Yes, don't give up, I know it takes time. When I made my channel and started uploading, I barely had any views, maybe 80 views at most per video. It's something that takes time. I also went in thinking I could get lots of views–everyone does and gets discouraged when they don't, it happens. I kept uploading more and more, mostly for myself at first, then people started coming little by little. Just make sure to create good content though, make something you'd like to watch as a viewer, that's the key to making good content. Good luck.
Anything else you'd like to mention to the readers?
Try to have fun with the game and don't let it get to you. I know it can be frustrating to lose, it happens to all of us. Also make sure to check the tutorial and have some sportsmanship with new players, don't be too hard on them.
Are you also a streamer or content creator? Love GungHo games? Apply now to be a GungHo America Ambassador and rep our games!