Dengeki Bunko characters join the festivities in a collab starting today
REDONDO BEACH, Calif. – December 4, 2023 - Today at 18:00 (PST), GungHo Online Entertainment announced a collaboration with influential Japanese publisher, Dengeki Bunko, to bring its beloved characters to the hit mobile puzzle game Puzzle & Dragons in a limited-time, 30th Anniversary collaboration. Until December 18, 17:59 (PST) fans can recruit protagonists from their favorite light novels, including Shana from Shakugan no Shana, Kamijo Toma from A Certain Magic Index, and Tatsuya Shiba from The Irregular at Magic High School.
Bolster your puzzle-busting teams with Dengeki Bunko characters, including Shakugan no Shana’s Yuji Sakai, A Certain Magic Index’s Misaka Mikoto, and The Irregular at Magic High School’s Miyuki Shiba with pulls from the 7 Magic Stones! Dengeki Bunko Egg Machine and Dengeki Bunko Memorial Egg Machine. The latter will grant a free pull to all players who log in during the collaboration.
Test Your Wits
Combine your intellect with the skillful Dengeki Bunko cast to overcome any brainteaser. Work together to obtain rewards from five collab-exclusive dungeons:
- Dengeki Bunko is a dungeon that lets players battle for a chance to earn items including the Dengeki Bunko Collab Medal - Gold, and one pull from the Dengeki Bunko Memorial Egg Machine as a first-time clear reward for Seal & Science & Magic-Expert floor.
- Accelerator Descended! is a dungeon that challenges users with the Assists Invalid rule and rewards players who defeat the boss with a guaranteed Accelerator drop. Players will also receive one pull from the Dengeki Bunko Memorial Egg Machine as a first-time clear reward.
- Multiplayer! Accelerator Descended! is a 3-player mode of Accelerator Descended!
- Dengeki Bunko 30th Anniversary Challenge! rewards teams led by a Dengeki Bunko Collab character with a drop rate of 100%. Players will also receive one pull from the Clear Reward! ★8 Dengeki Bunko Egg Machine and an Event Medal - Black as a first-time clear reward.
- [Certain] Title Challenge! is a special dungeon that challenges players to use a fixed Helper and clear within a certain time limit. Players will receive the [Certain] title as a first-time clear reward.
Trade Dengeki Bunko Collab Medals collected from the Dengeki Bunko and Accelerator Descended! dungeons at the Monster Exchange. The Monster Exchange lineup features event-exclusive collab characters.
Power up your teams with these unique bundles:
- 30 Magic Stones & Misaka Mikoto Egg Machine: Grants 30 Magic Stones, 5x Event Medals - Black, and one pull from the Misaka Mikoto Egg Machine for $29.99 USD, guaranteeing a Misaka Mikoto. Players will also get the Dengeki Bunko Collab BGM Set when they get Misaka Mikoto for the first time.
- 20 Magic Stones & Kamijo Touma Egg Machine: Grants 20 Magic Stones and one pull from the Kamijo Touma Egg Machine for $19.99 USD, guaranteeing a Kamijo Touma. Players will also get the Dengeki Bunko Orbs Skin when they get Kamijo Touma for the first time.
- 20 Magic Stones & ★8 Dengeki Bunko Egg Machine: Grants 20 Magic Stones and one pull from the ★8 Dengeki Bunko Egg Machine for $19.99 USD, guaranteeing a ★8 Rarity character.
- 1 Magic Stone & Dengeki Bunko Egg Machine: Grants 1 Magic Stone and one pull from Dengeki Bunko Egg Machine for $0.99 USD.
Assets for the Dengeki Bunko collab are available here.
ABOUT PUZZLE & DRAGONS
Puzzle & Dragons is a mobile puzzle adventure game developed and published by GungHo Online Entertainment, Inc. with over 90 million downloads worldwide. Puzzle & Dragons combines match-three-style puzzles, monster collecting, and dungeon crawling mechanics for a definitive free-to-play experience that’s kept players hooked since 2012. Regarded as a landmark release in mobile gaming, the game continues to evolve with each new update and collaboration. Puzzle & Dragons is available on the App Store and on Google Play. Visit www.puzzleanddragons.us to learn more.
ABOUT GUNGHO ONLINE ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA
GungHo Online Entertainment America, Inc. (GOEA) is a multi-platform developer and publisher dedicated to delivering fun & unique titles like Puzzle & Dragons, Ninjala, and LET IT DIE. GOEA is the US division of GungHo Online Entertainment (GOE), whose studios include leading developers SUPERTRICK GAMES, GAME ARTS, Acquire, and Gravity. GOEA distributes games for consoles, handhelds, mobile devices, and PC. GOEA is located in Redondo Beach, CA. For more information, visit www.gunghoonline.com.
GUNGHO ONLINE ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA
Senior Communications Coordinator