The fairy tales-themed season introduces new weapons, Featured Battle, Online Tournament, Beginners Campaign, and more!
TOKYO, Japan - March 25, 2020 - Hear ye, hear ye! GungHo Online Entertainment (GOE) hath released a bounty of storybook whimsy and bubble-popping action with Season 5 of Ninjala! New Gum Weapons, Shinobi Cards, fairy tales-themed costumes, and a wealth of other goodies are available now.
Hence forth, players can look forward to the following in Season 5:
- Ninjala Beginners Campaign, a new event that includes a “Beginners Login Bonus” of 1000 Jala, a 55% off “Beginners Sale” discount on Story Pack Chapter 1 and 2, and a new tutorial story chapter called the “Tale for Ninjala Beginners.”
- Players who complete this tutorial will receive various rewards including costumes, Ninja Medals, and Gumball Machine Coins for the new ‘Coin Gacha.’
- New costumes based on Little Red Riding Hood, Puss in Boots, Sun Wukong, Rapunzel, Pinocchio, Princess Kaguya, and more.
- New Gum Weapons—Shinobuzz Paper Fan, GR8 Gear, and ASAKUSA Wheel—that take existing weapons and put a twist on them with a combination of Gum Ninjutsu, Special, and Gum Shoots.
- For example, GR8 Gear is a hammer-type weapon with the Gum Launcher as its Gum Shoot.
- Strike Big, a new Shinobi Card, which allows players to start a battle with a Big Weapon but resets when the player is KO’d or the weapon breaks.
- Online Tournament, a new mode, that lets players duke it out in Ranked Battles to be crowned the victor! The first tournament will be held in collaboration with Nissin U.F.O. Yakisoba, in which players will compete on an event-exclusive ladder to earn a special IPPON Decoration, a limited edition emote, Gumball Machine coins, and Ninja Medals.
- All players who participate will receive a special IPPON Decoration.
- Ninjala Striker, a new Featured Battle, where players split into two teams of four and attack a giant ball to knock it into the enemies’ goal. The team with the most goals wins, and if teams have the same goal count, KOs and IPPONs will break the tie.
- After every victory, players have a chance to win the Soccer Soldier Cap
- Ninjala Striker is available for the first three weekends of Season 5.
- Even more in-game events, like the new “GOEMON Matsuri”, another Loot Battle Matsuri, more Ninjala Pass Matsuri, and some exciting surprises!
Additionally, a new card set, Ninjala Collection Card Volume 1+, is now available for pre-order. These cards follow the “Fairy Tales'' theme, with various fairy tale motifs, and can be used to unlock mini-games by scanning them with a Joy-Con controller.
Review codes for Story Pack Chapter 1 and 2 are available upon request. Please email email@example.com for codes.
Press assets for the game can be found here.
# # #
ABOUT GUNGHO ONLINE ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA
GungHo Online Entertainment America, Inc. (GOEA) is a multiplatform publisher dedicated to delivering the best titles, content, and support for the online gaming community. Established in 2012 and led by former Square Enix U.S.A. and XSEED Games executive Jun Iwasaki, GOEA is the US division of GungHo Online Entertainment (GOE), an established Japanese publisher. GOEA’s content partners include leading developers Grasshopper Manufacture, SUPERTRICK GAMES, Game Arts, Acquire, and Gravity, all of which are subsidiaries of GOE. GOEA publishes and distributes network-oriented games for console, handheld, mobile, tablet, and MMO-style games for PC. GOEA is located in El Segundo, CA. For more information, visit www.gunghoonline.com.
Trademarks are property of their respective owners. Nintendo Switch is a trademark of Nintendo.
© GungHo Online Entertainment, Inc.
GungHo Online Entertainment America
Senior Communications Coordinator